Medical, Dental, and Vision Care
- Medical, dental and vision benefits cover employee, spouse, registered domestic partner, and dependents.
- Medical benefit offers a choice of Health Maintenance Organization and Preferred Provider Organization plans; the LAO pays up to 100 percent of the premium depending upon the plan selected.
- Delta Dental and Vision Services Plan premiums are paid 100 percent by the LAO.
Employees may join the California Public Employees’ Retirement System’s (CalPERS) Miscellaneous Tier 1 retirement plan. The plan provides for a basic retirement allowance of 2 percent of salary for each year of service at age 62. This means that an employee with 25 years of service at age 62 will receive a retirement allowance equal to 50 percent (25 years x 2 percent per year) of his/her highest 36 months of compensation. Employees who choose to join CalPERS typically contribute about 7 percent of their monthly salary. The LAO contributes about 24 percent of an employee’s monthly salary.
- Vacation Leave. Full-time employees earn a minimum of seven hours per month of time off with pay which increases based on years of state service.
- Sick Leave. Full-time employees earn eight hours per month of sick leave.
- Holidays. Employees receive 11 paid holidays, plus one personal paid holiday per year.
- Compensatory time off (CTO). After a certain amount of overtime is worked, the office will grant CTO that the employee can use under specified circumstances.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401K or 457 deferred compensation plans
- Short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Legal service insurance plan
- Dependent care assistance program
- Discounted public transit passes
- Discounted state parking spaces and pre-tax payroll deductions for non-state parking spaces